In November 2008, East Bay Regional Park District sponsored ballot measure WW, authorizing it to issue bonds to fund acquisition and development of park land. One of the specific projects listed in the measure was funding for East Bay Regional Park District to acquire the surplus federal property next to Crab Cove/Crown Beach. The Alameda City Council endorsed Measure WW in June, and voters in Alameda and Contra Costa Counties overwhelmingly approved it in November.
Please write letters to Park District Board of Directors and local newspapers for the voter-approved park expansion to preserve the surplus federal property for extending parkland at Crab Cove/Crown Beach State Park.
The contact form below sends email to:
- Ward 1 Board Member: Whitney Dotson
- Ward 2 Board Member: Dee Rosario
- Ward 3 Board Member: Dennis Waespi
- Ward 4 Board Member: Ellen Corbett
- Ward 5 Board Member: Ayn Wieskamp
- Ward 6 Board Member: Beverly Lane
- Ward 7 Board Member: Colin Coffey
- General Manager: Robert E. Doyle
Friends Of Crab Cove
YOU TUBE CHANNEL: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCHNehPfH4zJI-xmmeoSiCcQ